Have you ever wondered what is taking up all the space on your hard drive? With GrandPerspective you can visually find and delete those big (and small) files you forgot about, and clear up a bunch of free space on your drive!
We also teach about Force Quit Applications, which is the Mac equivalent of the Windows Task Manager, useful for exiting out of a hung application.
In Power User Training we discuss the differences between lossy and lossless codecs, and examine the MP3, AAC, and Apple Losssless (ALAC) audio file formats.
Episode Show Notes:
- Software: Download GrandPerspective
- Hot Mac Tip: Force quit hung applications
- Power User Training: Digital Music 101: Part II
- Download a copy of this episode: HD video | iPod video
- Subscribe: iTunes: (HD) / (iPod) | RSS: (HD) / (iPod) | Miro (HD) | YouTube (HD)
- Support: Twitter | Facebook | Viewer Survey | Review: HD / iPod
- Next Week: Convert DVD video, audio file encoding settings, and more!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Shinywhitebox, the makers of iShowU HD Pro. iShowU is a super-powerful screen recording application, great for making screencasts and tutorials! Check it out here.